Come and visit us at The Link Centre, Philip Harrison House, 140 Union Street, Oldham, OL1 1DZ
Oldham Carers Centre offers a range of free services for unpaid carers accross Oldham. If you care for a partner, family member or friend who could not manage without your help, then you are a carer. The focus of our service is to be inclusive of all carers from all communities and to encourage carers to become actively involved in shaping services.
· Oldham Carers Emergency Support Scheme (OCESS)
· Carers Assessments
· Counselling Service
· Carers Individual Budgets
· Regular drop ins at the Link Centre and in the community
· One-to-one practical and emotional support includes signposting / referrals to Social Services / other providers where appropriate
· Training to suit Carers needs e.g. stress reduction
· Acivities (including Reiki, massages, facials and Reflexology), talks and trips
· Information, Advice, Guidance and Advocacy
· Volunteering Service
T: 0161 770 1188 option 1
Now on Twitter too! @wiredoldhamcare
Please complete our registration document available to download on the right hand side of the page and return it to us.
Carers Drop-in Sessions
Wired Oldham Carers Centre runs a number of friendly drop-in sessions throughout the week where carers can come to relax, unwind and meet likeminded carers. Tea, coffee and light refreshments are provided and our sessions are run by volunteers, many of whom are carers or former carers. Some drop-in sessions feature guest presentations and advice talks, and many offer an activity to try your hand at e.g. arts and crafts, meditation and baking. Please download our most recent newsletter for a full list of activities, trips and events.
- Do you have a little time each week to make a big difference?
- Do you want to be part of a team which supports thousands of Carers?
- Are you friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic?
If your answer is yes to all of the above, Oldham Carers Centre wants to hear from you. We have a number of exciting volunteer placements including administrative roles, advocacy, drop-in support and Carers Champions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Steph on 0161 770 1275 for further information.
You may find further information on the link to the local authorities webpage (link below) useful: