Warrington Carers’ Centre
Come and visit us at 86 Sankey Street, Warrington, WA1 1SG
Adult Carers Service
This service is for Carers who without payment help or support a relative, child, neighbour or friend who because of illness, disability, frailty or addiction is unable to manage alone.
Adults Carers Service provides a focal point for carers in Warrington and gives carers a chance to influence local services for carers.
- Drop-in venues throughout the borough
- Information on the help and support available to carers
- A signposting and referral service
- The opportunity to talk confidentially with a carer support worker
- Gp Liaison & Hospital Discharge Service
- Free Counselling
- Free Emergency Card
- Free Leisure Card
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Therapy sessions
- Carers awareness training
- A range of social events
The vision for Warrington’s Carers Strategy is that by 2018; Carers will be universally recognised and valued as being fundamental to strong families and stable communities. Support will be tailored to meet individuals needs, enabling carers to maintain a balance between their caring responsibilities and life outside caring, while enabling the person they support to be a full and equal citizen.
The strategy has been developed through consultation with the main agencies and organisations in Warrington (including Wired) that provide support to carers and has been developed alongside the priorities identified as part of the joint strategic needs assessment for the general population of Warrington. Most importantly the strategy has been based on the ideas and views of carers themselves. It was developed using a citizen-led approach, through consultation and the active involvement of carers. The strategy and latest action plan is available for download at the right of this page.
The service operates in Warrington for Adult carers and former carers
We offer confidential counselling to adult carers and former carers. Initially six sessions are offered with a review and the possibility of extending to twelve sessions. The service in Warrington uses the Centre as a venue.
Young Carers Service
Young people aged 18 and under can access this service who cares for a family member with a physical disability, illness, mental health or addiction
We can offer support in a number of different ways:-
- Confidential one:one emotional support with a Young Carers Support Worker.
- Advocacy, supporting you to ensure that your views, wishes, issues and feelings are heard and understood by other people in your life, eg. parents, teachers, other professionals.
- Inform YOU of your rights, ensure you understand them and how they can be used to help you and your family.
- Support with CAF and Family Support Meetings.
- A FREE Emergency Contact Card which provides a safety net for the ‘Cared For’ and peace of mind for YOU
- If you are over 16 caring for an adult you can access a FREE Leisure Pass.
- Quarterly Young Carers Newsletter
- Events Calendar
- Drop-In sessions, giving you a chance to meet other Young Carers and access peer support.
- Trips and activities.
- Signposting to other useful agencies.
Phone: 01925 633 492 Text: 07912 581 868 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also work on other issues that affect individual families as every family is unique. See the downloads section to the right hand side of this page for further information.
Young carers an inspiration!
The WIRED Young Carers Team see three of the young carers they support recognised at the prestigious Warrington Guardian Inspiration Awards October 2013.
The team joined the young carers and their families to celebrate. Click here to read full article.
If you would like any more information about this service please call freephone 0800 731 6941 or 01925 633492